The Canvas Of Life : Heels Of Success: Inspiration blog # 4

 Can you imagine what the world would be without different colours, different shades, and different textures? What is our life but a blank canvas? The choice of hues depends on you, whether you splash it with vibrant colours or shades of grey. A thought to ponder, perhaps? So let’s fill our lives with elegant strokes of joys, happiness, hope, laughter. We live but only once, so why not to the fullest?

So beautiful people, let’s take a peek into the colourful life of the very gorgeous, extremely talented, sensational artist Samina Sachak from Tanga, Tanzania. Perhaps my introduction is an understatement. For such a talent as hers, we should describe her as nothing but the Pride of Tanzania. Let’s take gallant strides into the life of this mesmerizing wildlife artist.


Tell us something about yourself

It was somewhere in the year 1988. I used to work as an accountant at the Hindu Mahal Dispensary in Tanga. Dr Azim Sukharwalla had the heart of an artist too. He started taking notice of my love for art and one fine day; he gifted me a painting board, some brushes and paint. And you can imagine my embarrassment when I handed over the spoilt brushes and my imperfect strokes. But a seed was sown. I remember clearly, my first painting was of a forest set amidst a lake. That was the beginning of my love affair with my art. I felt so connected to the colours; it was almost like a rebirth. I am a self-taught artist and a struggling one. I visited different art galleries and observed the various forms of art. At this point I can do art on glass, cloth, canvas using water colours or acrylic. My biggest support came from my spouse and my two girls. They wouldn’t let me give up!

Tell us something about your educational journey, strengths, challenges?

Like I said, I am a self-taught artist. After my several years of struggle, somewhere in 2016, my work was exhibited in Jehangir Art Gallery, which is one of the most renowned art galleries. I had 53 incredible wildlife paintings. That was my breakthrough. I got a lot of exposure and met unique artists from different walks of life. The wild, fierce wildlife paintings got a lot of attention. After all, wildlife was my country’s heritage, and I was proud to promote that.

I am also a part of the Tanga Women Artists’ Network. We were fourteen of us women artist. We got to tour the United States. That trip was the most memorable in my lifetime. We got to see many art galleries and got inspiration from various artists.

I also had exhibitions in India, the USA, Dubai and Tanzania

My strength was my late mother (my beloved paternal aunt), an artist too. She had a way of doing things. She could literally sew different patches of cloth and come up with something amazing. You should have seen her ways with home décor and stuff. A smart, soft, well spoken, gracious woman. She is indeed my icon. (I quietly agreed, nostalgia filling my senses, of the woman who loved to hear my nursery rhymes when I was little.)

The greatest challenge as an artist is that our work is not well recognized in this part of the world and even more so being a woman. It was extremely difficult, but I was determined to make a change. I tried what I could, just so that we could carve our place in the art world. The limiting factor for an upcoming artist, as myself, is that art exhibitions are quite costly. Without proper resources, you cannot showcase your talent as you are supposed to.

Where do you see yourself in the next one year?

I see myself painting to my heart’s fill, create awareness for women artists. More of exhibitions and to inspire other women to take up the path if it’s their calling.



What message do you have for women out there?

Don’t be pushed around by the fear of your mind. Instead of worrying about what you cannot do, shift your energy to what you can create. Love yourself first and take the first step forward. And yes! If I can do it, so can you!

And to my fellow mothers, raise your children well. We need to make this world a better place.

With specks of paint of hope smeared in my fingers, pulling myself reluctantly from this engrossing and inspiring journey with an aura of pink shadowing my heart, filled with gratitude once again. I quietly absorbed the finer textures of the words of wisdom. Mentally rubbing away the greys in my canvas and splashing it with a mixture of different colours. My heartfelt gratitude to Samina for her time and for believing in me.

Reach out to me on sarrahkaps@gmail.com, if you feel you have an inspirational story to share.

If you can touch even one life, that’s a mission accomplished!

“Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up.” Pablo Picasso.

“If you hear a voice within you say you cannot paint, but paint anyway, and that voice will be silenced.” Vincent Van Gogh.

“Passion is one great force that unleashes creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” Maya Angelou.

Enjoy this article with freshly brewed masala chai, infused with cardamoms. The enthralling aroma of tea brewing is just something else. And if you are fasting, like the way I am, have a blessed month.

Cheers!

Sarrah Murtaza

The World I want to see!
If only the world was an empty canvas.
I would weave the magic of hues,
A handful of vibrant pink,
Sprouting the seeds of love in every being.
The strokes of enchanting lime like green,
Kissing life to the deteriorating nature.
The gigantic waves of whites bringing a message of peace.
And the blues of the skies dancing in tranquillity and calmness.
The singing of the sunflower yellow,
Making the heart leap with joy.
Finally, the sparkling violets.
Lighting a spark of faith and divinity.
As the magic of hues unfolded,
I thought to myself,
This is the world I want to see
By Sarrah Murtaza

 https://www.amazon.com/HEART-ME-KNOT-story-hope-ebook/dp/B09KXTTY9B/ref=sr_1_1?crid=23X9ZUR29GF6D&keywords=heart+me+knot+by+sarrah+murtaza&qid=1680074624&sprefix=heart+me+knot+by+sarrah+murtaz%2Caps%2C320&sr=8-1



Comments

  1. I agree 100/100
    Much yes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exceptional talent of Samina Sachak..a d the writer herself Sarrah..The world would be an empty place without colours.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts