HEELS OF SUCCESS......


 So, I have had a lot of time on my hands. Which made me think, reflect on a lot of things. It was hard from having an extremely hectic schedule to perks of being a housewife with a side gig. (A story for another day). For me was a dream come true, as I always yearned to be more at home, giving time to the family. I was in for a surprise. It was nothing like I thought it would be. I realised all these years I had designed myself to work like a clock. The house did not take up much of my energy. The kids were older, independent, used to doing things their own way. My side gig kept me engaged to an extent, but there was a deep void in my heart, a longing I almost felt as I had no purpose in my life. It was just me. This is no way pointing fingers at the super wonderful ladies who are home ministers.

Then an article fell almost on my lap, as if it was a sign from the divine, about a woman who makes a living out of an exotic sport.

And that led me to thinking and a bit of questioning. How did that happen? What must have prompted her to do it? Did she care about the naysayers? I am sure there must have been plenty of them.

How did she break free of all the chains which reigned her feet? I know you must be thinking that I wrote an article about a woman who impressed me so much. Nah, it’s not that.

It made me think about my own fears, and at that point, I started questioning my existence. Please don’t laugh, it’s not that serious! The fact I am writing answers all the questions.

So, I thought to myself (I know I’m thinking a lot), how many of us are actually doing the things we love, straight from the heart, the things we are passionate about or we are just about doing anything because the money pays. And if it’s that the case there is nothing wrong with it, it’s fantastic in fact.

But I’m talking about the things from a deeper level, the contentment, the fuel to live life with a zest, the bubbling river of joy within. That intangible feeling that makes your juices flowing.

I see so many wonderful women out there, the perfect chefs, the bakers, with their amazing chocolaty moist cakes, the elegant stitches, the businesswomen, life coaches, the chocolate makers, homemakers, the designers, the teachers. How can I forget the writers? The list is endless actually and yes, women have reached the heights of undeniable success.

 Yet there are many of us out there, brimming with untapped talent, confused about taking the first step, unsure, perhaps some with an invisible chain. I think in most cases, fear ranks in the top position. The fear of failing, the infinite what ifs, the second guessing. All can I say is just a matter of taking the first step. Fasten your seat belt, take a deep breath, take the plunge. What’s the worst-case scenario? You will fall down. Doesn’t matter, remember those tiny babies of ours, when they were stumbling whilst taking the first step? And after some time, they could put Mr Bolt to shame. Go woman, break the chains, go fly high.


 We just celebrated women’s day some days ago, and this is to celebrate every single one of us out there. The compassionate, the kind, the listener, the naughty one, the strict one, the bubbly, the loud ones, the quiet ones, and all the varieties of each of us out there. We are important; we matter. What the heck! We balance the ecosystem. That’s a good enough reason.

 “My mission in life is not merely to survive but to thrive and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humour, and some style.” Maya Angelou.

“You can be gorgeous at thirty, charming at forty, and irresistible for the rest of your life.” Coco Chanel

“There is no limit to what we, as women, can accomplish.” Michelle Obama.

Enjoy this article whilst sipping the freshly brewed masala chai bursting with flavours of cardamom.

 

Happy reading!

 Cheers,

Sarrah Murtaza

Comments

Popular Posts