All it takes is a smile: Heels of Success. #2



 Isn’t it a truly wonderful era to be alive in?
 You connect hearts with just a click away. All it takes is a snap of fingers. Who would have thought of this just a few decades ago? Technology is truly a blessing to humanity, for those who use it wisely.

So far, I have had an exciting journey under the umbrella of heels of success. It’s been so overwhelming, and I am truly touched to see that my footprints are leaving a mark in countries from different continents.

So beautiful people, fasten your seat belts and get ready for the flight. Today I am taking you right across the seven seas into the land of the late Queen, to meet the very gorgeous, wonder woman Dr Nasreen Salem from Manchester. Let’s dive right into it.

Tell us something about yourself.

I am a dentist by profession, a proud mother of two, (Burhanuddin) 13 and (Safiya) 11 years old. Born and bred in London. We moved to Manchester some three years ago. I work as a dentist at Bupa Dental Care and also own a dental practice by the name of Homesteads Dental Care in London, which I manage remotely, along with my very capable team of eighteen. My primary interest is in cosmetic dentistry. I am also an educational supervisor, mentoring dental graduates leaving university and also an examiner for the Royal College of Surgeons, England. My work gives me a lot of pleasure, a sense of contentment and fulfilment. It makes a difference when you do things from the heart.

Tell us something about your educational journey, strengths, challenges?

My dad is my inspiration. He is a retired dentist. When I was young, I used to work alongside him. I always watched him in awe. It was at that point, when realization sunk in, I wanted to carry on with his legacy. I studied at King’s College University in London. I completed my postgraduate qualifications at the Royal College of Surgeons, while expecting my first child.

Studies and motherhood is a serious combo. Your hormones are haywire, but what kept me going is family support. I am truly thankful to God. With a positive mindset, motivation, anything is possible. I am always striving to achieve more and more. I am a firm believer in female entrepreneurship!

Where do you see yourself in the next one year?

I want to build my brand, to use my experience to help other fellow professionals excel. I also want to help business owners build a positive culture to help retain staff.

What message do you have for women out there?

Stay focused on your goal and vision! It is very possible to build a career and a family together. They can walk hand in hand. Your family is your priority. If you learn how to create a work-home balance, that, for me, is the ultimate success! The satisfaction that comes out of it is priceless!

I want to inspire and counsel young ladies who probably are unsure of this field. I am open to conversation. Come, talk to me. My Facebook and Instagram handles are @enamel_artist or @homesteadsdentalcare.

Alternatively, you can contact us on www.homesteadsdentalcare.com.

Always keep one thing in mind. You can have fears, but you can’t have doubt. Don’t hold yourself back from opportunities that present to you.



By the time we concluded the conversation, my heart was full. Listening to inspirational stories weaves a magic of its kind. Here are women who are fighting against odds, carving their niche in the society. Education is the key to success, someone rightly said. I once randomly came across a quote, “If you educate a girl, you educate the entire nation.”

My humble gratitude to Dr Nasreen for taking out her valuable time and believing in my cause. I believe when we join hands, we can make a difference.

 Reach out to me on sarrahkaps@gmail.com, if you feel you have an inspirational story to share.

If you can touch even one life, that’s a mission accomplished!

“One child, one teacher, one book and one pen can change the world.” Malala Yousafzai.

“To educate girls is to reduce poverty.” Kofi Annan

“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” Nelson Mandela.

 

Enjoy this article with freshly brewed masala chai, infused with cardamoms.

Cheers!

 

Sarrah Murtaza

My book: HEART ME KNOT: A story of hope




Comments

Popular Posts